In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

REMINGTON 1100 QUESTION

sparkydogsparkydog Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Ask the Experts
WILL A TRIGGER PLATE ASSEMBLY FROM A 12 GUAGE 1100 FIT A 20 GUAGE STANDARD X FRAME 1100/ thanks for any help
Sparky

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I HAVE BEEN TOLD I COULD NOT SHOOT STEEL OUT OF AN OLDER 1100. THE GUN HAS A 2 3/4" RECEIVER. THE BARRELS WITH THE GUN DO NOT HAVE SCREW IN CHOKES. I WAS ALSO TOLD I COULD PURCHASE A STEEL SHOT BARREL THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO NOT ONLY SHOOT STEEL, BUT ALSO 3" SHELLS. IS THIS TRUE? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine needs a mag tube plug to limit the capacity to 3 rounds, but walmart doesn't have one for the 1100. Will the plug for one of Remington's newer shotguns fit my friend's model 1100? If so, would walmart have it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Austin Raider
    SFA ROTC Lumberjack Battalion
    Raiders Lead The Way!
    flash.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do the 1100 Sporting models have stronger or beefier parts than the regular or hunting guns due to the fact that the Sporting ones will be fired more? Thanks for your answers in advance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello shotgun experts
    I recently acquired a 20 ga. Remington model 1100, SN L2746xxN On the barrel it reads 20 GA.MAGNUM for 3 in shells. The receiver is marked "magnum" also. Will this shotgun function with 2 3/4" shells or will only 3" shells work properly? Thanks to everyone

Worry is the interest humans pay on the debt of miscalculation.
  • Options
    zimmdenzimmden Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. My parts list shows the same parts number for 12 and 20 gauge trigger plates. A few years ago I pulled and cleaned the trigger plate assemblies for my 12 ga. 1100 and 20 ga. SP-58 at the same time. I couldn't tell the difference. I installed them and interchanged them on purpose. They worked fine in both guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info
    sparky