In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cetme Century Bolt not closing all the time!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Ask the Experts
Shot it tonight.Magazine has a little wobble,strips rounds but Bolt will not close all the way.Read to strip rifle down and cycles bolt 100 times.Go shoot again with it being with a light oiling.I think the recoil spring is good but the rollers may be worn because it's a surplus rifle.

serf

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    they also grind the wedge sometimes
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic Garbage from CAI. Seems like they are in a Quality issue race with Hesse/Blackthorne/Vulcan Arms. Seems they have been doing a great job competing with them, for the top honors of the worst builds...on anything they lay their hands on. My suggestion would be, to get rid of it.

Best

EDIT 1

quote:I didn't buy a used one here On Gun Broker as-is thank g-d!

There is nothing wrong with used guns, as long as you know what you are getting, and get them from a reputable seller(check their ratings...not at least a dozen A+ ratings, then steer clear, or talk with them to get a good feel before you buy). As you have seen for yourself, you can get a dud from a dealer who stocks them...and those dealer's who stock CAI stuff are starting to run short too...they get sick of having to return stuff.

Best
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sending it back to Century Arms.That's why I bought it from a dealer in Texas and payed taxes. I didn't buy a used one here On Gun Broker as-is thank g-d! But thanks for the tip! Get rid of it! I will right back to manufacturer!

serf

quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    Classic Garbage from CAI. Seems like they are in a Quality issue race with Hesse/Blackthorne/Vulcan Arms. Seems they have been doing a great job competing with them, for the top honors of the worst builds...on anything they lay their hands on. My suggestion would be, to get rid of it.

Best
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965

Best

+1

I bought one new, and found that the only magazine that would fit it, was the one that it came with, which had been ground and mangled for the purpose. I modified the gun to accept and work with the stock surplus magazines that I had bought separately, discarded the magazine that it came with, and then parted company with the entire pile, to a class 2 manufacturer/class 3 dealer who wanted one that worked.
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, best to avoid cai and their jam-o-matic junk assembled by the 'angry monkeys' that couldn't care less about quality control and who don't mind selling potentially dangerous junk guns to unsuspecting consumers, cai needs to import only and leave assembly to professionals...

For quality made Cetme/G3 and FAL clone rifles check out PTR91.com and DSArms.com...

For reference jam-o-matic junk makers to avoid: cai-century arms international, hesse/vulcan/blackthorne arms, orf-ohio rapid fire,
    special weapons/tactical weapons/bobcat weapons/top notch/coharie/red rock arms...

Regards
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its a CENTURY !!!
    JUNK !!!
    Seriously !
    d.a.stearns ........... a.k.a. .............. SKEEZIX ...............
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Athens , Tn

www.allamericangunshop.com

• Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Juggernaut
    Yeah, best to avoid cai and their jam-o-matic junk assembled by the 'angry monkeys' that couldn't care less about quality control and who don't mind selling potentially dangerous junk guns to unsuspecting consumers, cai needs to import only and leave assembly to professionals...

For quality made Cetme/G3 and FAL clone rifles check out PTR91.com and DSArms.com...

For reference jam-o-matic junk makers to avoid: cai-century arms international, hesse/vulcan/blackthorne arms, orf-ohio rapid fire,
    special weapons/tactical weapons/bobcat weapons/top notch/coharie/red rock arms...

Regards

DSA has been having issues of late, not just with quality but actually sending the product out the door...
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many of you "experts " have ever owned, handled, or shot a Century built firearm? If you don't KNOW what you're talking about, best not to interject internet hearsay.
    I don't own any CAI stock but I have owned some of their stuff and it's not universally junk.
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by llama
    DSA has been having issues of late, not just with quality but actually sending the product out the door...
    I am only familiar with the DSA STG-58 and DSA SA58 FAL and have not come across any info substantiating anything bad at all and actually just the opposite in terms of quality and service... Where may I ask did you get this information, any links or articles...as that's news to me.
    Regards
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    How many of you "experts " have ever owned, handled, or shot a Century built firearm? If you don't KNOW what you're talking about, best not to interject internet hearsay.
    I don't own any CAI stock but I have owned some of their stuff and it's not universally junk.

As I have seen and fired many of CAI products, this "Expert", is well abound of what he is talking about. I can tell you, it is a wise choice not to own stock in CAI. There are very few things that come from their "Angry Monkey's", that show any sign of quality workmanship. That is not saying they do not go Bang, when asked, most of the time, but that is also in question, when looking at the other quality issues. IMHO, you need to fire a few dozen more, then make your claim.

Best