In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lee Enfield 45 ACP Conversion

teacherteacher Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Ask the Experts
Has anybody had any experience with the Speciality Arms Enfield Conversion? I've been stripping down an old (kind of junky) Mark4 to use for a conversion. Probably about 85% committed to doing the conversion. I'm contemplating the 18 inch barrel. I would like to hear about anyone's experience.

Comments

• Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes, i had one. did not work at for me. couldnt ever get headspace right. when i would get headspace correct, then it would fail to extract the shells. i constantly had to adjust headspace in or out just to get a round to load and fire. never did have posative extraction even once. mags wouldnt lock in unless slammed, and then sometimes they would fall out.

i thought it would be neat, as i put a silencer on it, which was very quiet, but the gun was totally un-reliable. you would be maoney ahead to have them assemble it. maybe they have improved on the kits, i dont know.