In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which One?

royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in Ask the Experts
I am a first time buyer and am have kind of narrowed it down, but not sure. I am looking at .40 caliber: Px4 Storm and the S&W MP. Just not sure which one to get. Little help would be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is my situation. I have a chance to either purchase a Beretta 84f in very good condition used for 250.00 or a very good condition CZ83 (.380 cal) for 200.00. I owned a Beretta 84f before and liked it very much. The only complaint I had was the fat grip. The CZ83 seems to fit better in my hand and since I am a 1911 man the frame safety is a nice selling point. My only reservation is I have never shot a CZ83 before. Can anyone give me a slight nudge in the right direction?
  • Options
    peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Beretta
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a tough decision to make. They are both great pistols, and are both reliable and accurate. If the CZ fits you better, go for it. They have been coming up in value, and while it is not a Beretta, not everyone has a CZ either.

Just make sure the CZ, is in fact a 380, and not a 9x18, although there is nothing wrong with a 9x18, except the availability of ammunition. That said, there seems to be that problem with any ammunition these days.

Best
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    The Czechs have been making guns ALMOST as long as the Eyetalians. If the weapon is a better fit and familiar functioning, it's pretty obvious to me which is the better weapon for you.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by royc38
    Here is my situation. I have a chance to either purchase a Beretta 84f in very good condition used for 250.00 or a very good condition CZ83 (.380 cal) for 200.00. I owned a Beretta 84f before and liked it very much. The only complaint I had was the fat grip. The CZ83 seems to fit better in my hand and since I am a 1911 man the frame safety is a nice selling point. My only reservation is I have never shot a CZ83 before. Can anyone give me a slight nudge in the right direction?

I would take the CZ HANDS DOWN! I've had enough issues with Berretta's to last me a lifetime! Some people say they are good. I've seen nothing but junk out of them. CZ puts out the No. 1 LE/Mil pistol in the world in the 75. The 83 pre-dates that, but still the same mindset in quality.
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a CZ82 in 9x18. Love it. Ammo is readily available on line and I've often seen it at gun shows. IIRC, the CZ83 is the civilian version of the CZ82. Fit & finish is very good.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    I have big hands...that said the Beretta. I have had several Berettas never had one I would consider junk...all very well made.