In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vintage Redding Press

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in Ask the Experts
Is there any demand for an early vintage Redding press? If so, where and how would you market it? EBay? I dont even think it would be good to give it to a kid to start out with.

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would it not be a good starter press?
    Odd die threads?
    Odd shellholder?
    Worn out?
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont know, I have a 30 06 die for it, it isnt worn out, but Ive had four presses after this one, and dont know if it is even usable, probably mostly a mantle piece.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The Reddings were good presses and one like the old Model 7 "C" press with a set of dies can reload jst as good as any "modern" press of the same type. Reloaders are now used to all sorts of bells and whisltes, things which the older presses lack, but folks loaded an awful lot of ammo with those presses back in the day and they worked just fine.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my personal experience, used reloading presses are a hard sell. Because of the weight related shipping charges, even putting it on fleabay would be problematical.

Either give it to somebody just getting started in reloading. Or donate it to Goodwill. They will give you a receipt, that you can use as a charitable write-off on your taxes.
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    In my personal experience, used reloading presses are a hard sell. Because of the weight related shipping charges, even putting it on fleabay would be problematical.

Either give it to somebody just getting started in reloading. Or donate it to Goodwill. They will give you a receipt, that you can use as a charitable write-off on your taxes.

I've sold a couple single stage press's over the last few year's online, agreed they didn't fly out the door. But most SS press's will fit in the USPS Flat Rate med-2 box for 12 to 15 bucks. If not then there large. [:)] I sold them on other gun forum's.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for your input, put it on Ebay. Should show up in a few days.
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have sold lots of single stage press's an even progeressive pres's on ebay done well plus still use a lot of single stage press's for my odd calibers that I don't shoot much