In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ambi Safety for Colt Mustang/Sig 238

tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
I was asked by a female friend, who is left handed, if anyone makes a left handed safety, or ambidextrous safety for the Colt Mustang, or Sig 238. So, id anyone on here knows where, please let me know.

Best

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    google says cylinder and slide had one for the mustang it also say their website is a virus.

cut and pasted "I've seen one, I don't recall where. I'm pretty sure I book marked the site I saw it at. Stand by...

As stated above Cylinder and Slide has them, thier about the only ones that do, it a non factory part, and I'm pretty sure Brownells doesn't carry them."
  • Options
    ExHawaianExHawaian Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sig 238 can be found with an Ambi safety. I think Cabelas calls it the equinox model- its all black.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The P238 can be had with an ambi safety. It is just an additional cost. You should be able to have your gun dealer order one. SIG's website shows all the models. Pretty decent line up too.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/pistols-p238.aspx
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one point this company manufactured its own ambi safeties for the 238; don't think they still do, but it may be worth a phone call/email to check: http://www.customizedcreationz.com/

SIG offers ambi models out of the factory now.

Supposedly SIG will convert any model to ambi safety for $80 plus shipping (which is $55, so total is $135). That's probably your best bet here.

FWIW, the p938 safety is ambi and the same as 238, and you might be able to obtain a "spare" part of that safety for home installation which you could then swap into a 238.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    [/google says cylinder and slide had one for the mustang it also say their website is a virus.quote]

I didn't find that it is a virus.

using AVG