In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Old military field case ?

shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know what this is? I bought it with a group of military gear and cases. The case is wood construction with solid metal on both sides. There are names on cards stuck to the sides of some of the little holes. Some of the cubicles have dates written in them like "05/26/49" and "12/14/46". I think the case on bottom is a field office equipment box. It can hold a manual typewriter.



  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a field mail box used at battalion level. Typed messages are a lot easier to read than Dr.'s handwritten scrip especially when you are being shot at by the enemy.

    Looks too big for one typewriter maybe a pair of them or teletype perhaps or a radio.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It does look like a letter case.
    What's next?
Sign In or Register to comment.