In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 much $......?

Bopeep2Bopeep2 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
I've just bought at auction, a new rifle, in the box, NEF, chambered for the S&W .500 mag. It's pretty basic but, it comes with fire-sites and is drilled and tapped for a scope mount. I paid $250.00 for the privelege. Did I get a good deal? Thanks!

"Just hilarious" To: The Star Wars Kid ie; "Jedi Master"!

Comments

• Options
    D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The dealer cost on one of these is $175.00 and a discount dealer would sell it at around $220 -225 on up depending where you are. Some states transfer fees and sales taxes are higher. So $250 may be a little high or maybe in the ballpark, if you are happy thats all that matters. On new guns before you bid call a couple of dealers in your area and ask for a price. Then you will have something to go by.

<BR>
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    I have NEVER paid too much for a gun. I might have bought it too early, but.......

If you are satisfied, that's good enough.

Volenti non fit injuria
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D.S.COLE
    The dealer cost on one of these is $175.00 and a discount dealer would sell it at around $220 -225 on up depending where you are. Some states transfer fees and sales taxes are higher. So $250 may be a little high or maybe in the ballpark, if you are happy thats all that matters. On new guns before you bid call a couple of dealers in your area and ask for a price. Then you will have something to go by.

<BR>
    [:D]Thanks D.S., I think I'll wait next time and ask a local dealer first. I guess I was just impulsive. However it was the only one of it's kind in the "single shot" category, and the seller described them as being "hard to get"! <S.K.>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    I have NEVER paid too much for a gun. I might have bought it too early, but.......

If you are satisfied, that's good enough.

Volenti non fit injuria

"I still have to pay the FFL holder his due for recieving and filling out the paperwork". "I should have been born a hundred years ago, I'd have been right at home"!