In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington sendero

mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
What is the scoop on the sendero line from Remington?

Any the high quality?

Low quality?

Good for building a long range (500 yd) rifle?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does Remington make the Sendero in .270 cal. ? Thanks
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    The Sendero is just a heavy varmint type barrel in a HS Precision stock.
    If your planning on building a LR rifle you don't need to spend that kind of money, and then toss most of the rifle.
    if your going to use the complerte package it may work just fine out to 500 yards.
    The ones I have dealt with have always shot pretty well, but they are factory guns and the next one may or may shoot that well.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have worked with many sendero's. Their barrel and stock along with a rem700 receiver puts very accurate work within your grasp. Mine has been sub MOA to 400yds with factory ammunition. their #6 hammer forged heavy barrel and stock with the aluminum bedding block will give about the best out of the box accuracy you have ever seen. Mine in 7mm rem mag has pulled neck shots at 425yds, so you can draw your own conclusion. The best part about the sendero is that once you burn the barrel out, all you need is a match barrel installed and you have a great long range rig just as she sits. Some skim bedding and a trigger job and the sendero will take you where you want to go.
  • Options
    chr18426chr18426 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with JustC. I own 2 and love my Senderos. Yesterday afternoon I dropped a 80 lb sow at 220+ yards with a head shot. I have done minimal work to mine. A skim glass bedding job and bipod are the only add-ons. Great out-of-the-box accuracy.