In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45 LC ammo

omegassomegass Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in Ask the Experts
hello people,
Ok can't see the forest for the trees, what is a good round of ammo for a Blackhawk 45 LC one for at the range for practice and one to hunt with maybe hogs,deer.
Omegass

Comments

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for Hunting look at Buffalo Bore and Georgia Arms loads one that I like for hunting
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any cowboy style 250 +/- gr lead RN or SWC bullet will work for practice. If you don't intend on reloading CCI makes a Blazer round as well.

For hunting deer, pigs etc: I'd look at the offerings from Buffalo Bore, Winchester supreme elite, cor-bon DPX, and Hornady makes the leverEvolution 225 grain flex-tipped round in .45 colt now. This might give you a flatter trajectory, but I haven't used it in my guns so I can't say for sure.

I always recommend trying a few different ones suitable for what you intend on doing with it, finding what load(s) shoot best in your gun, and then stick to that. Ables ammo had a big listing for .45 Colt last time I checked.