In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old Colt Revolver - PICS - need help!

BandR FirearmsBandR Firearms Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hi, I came across an old colt I hope someone can help me out with. I believe it?_Ts a Colt 1851 but I do not know what model. Serial number is 41321 all numbers are matching on the firearm. The only other stamping beside the serial numbers I see is on the cylinder stamped ?_oCOLTS PATENT No. 41321?__ and on the top of the barrel ?_oADDRESS SAM COLT NEW-YORK CITY?__. The bluing seems to be mostly gone, but there is no pitting. Does anyone know what model this is? Value? Help is appreciated! Thanks. Brett
IMAG0498.jpg
IMAG0502.jpg
IMAG0500.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barrel's too short for the .36 caliber 1851 Navy Model; looks more like the .31 caliber 1849 Pocket Model.

If you can make out the cylinder marking, the 1849 had a stagecoach scene, the Navy a sea battle.

Flayderman lists value of the standard 1849 with small trigger guard as $550 for Good condition.
  • Options
    stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is definately an M1849 Colt Pocket revolver. I agree with the last correspondant in that it is in only NRA good condition, considering that it has no original finish, no cylinder scene left, and its screws are buggered.
    As for its value, I agree with the $550.00 estimate, but only if the gun is in shooting condition.
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1