In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Contender fore-end

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
How many different set-ups are there on the T/C Contender fore-end. A guy I know has just purchased a barrel in .357/.44 Bain & Davis and says the barrel fits his receiver but the fore-end from his existing pistol won't fit. "The hole is in the wrong place!" Of course the B&D barrel must have been made long ago and I'm sure his pistol is much newer, but I thought that stuff was supposed to be interchangeable.

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are at least 6 different variations that I know of. The real early ones were octagon, in two or three lengths, and the round ones were available in 10, 12, 14, and 16 inch. There were also those barrels made by custom shops like Match Grade Machine, who had their own hardware. It all depends on who the barrel was made by.

Best
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are also 2 different frame styles so the forends wouldn't interchange on those either. It would depend more so on the type of barrel. The length of the barrel would not matter as much as the size and shape are more important. They also made adapters for some of the forends there were 2 different lengths. If your friend is using a Pachmayr forend the adapters shouldn't be that hard to find.