In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Black Lightening

darksider3darksider3 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
Anybody have any information about the Mitchell Black Lightening 22 magnum rifle? Can't really find much about it, hoping someone can enlighten me on it
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    darksider3,

Welcome to the forums here on Gunbroker.com.

What information would yo like to know? Here is a link.

http://www.mauser.net/firearms/rifles/rimfire-rifles/black_lightning/index.htm

Best
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It might be a rebranded "Excel Arms", Accelerator Rifle? Here is a photo of one I got off the net.

EDIT #1, If it is an Excel Arms product, they are made in LHC Arizona, and have been on the market for years. You might start off with a GOOGLE search on them, (Accelerator Rifle), then try the {Elswhere} site for more information and reviews.

GAGES0129760.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the welcome and info.Has anyone ever owned one? Wondering about track record, good,bad?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rufe, I think you might be right about this, been doing somemore digging about the rifle, looks like Mitchell is just using the Black Lightning name on the Excel. Either way the reviews are not exactly flattering for this rifle. Thanks again everyone for your help and input
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Ultimate 22 Magnum semi-auto rifle, would be based on the 10-22 Magnum design. Magnum Research made a version, as does Volquartsen(all tricked out, and ready to rock), as, of course, so does Ruger. Of the 3 mentioned, Volquartsen was actually the first to introduce the 22 WMR.

Best