In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mauser inletting

tinmanjjtinmanjj Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
when fitting a mauser barrelled action and trigger guard should the trigger guard magizene well touch the reciever or should there be a gap this is a new stock for a 98 mauser

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tinmanjj,

There should always be a gap about the thickness of a business card all the way around the top of the magazine box and the bottom of the action.

Best.
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Per the NRA Gunsmithing Guide: Bedding the Mauser-Type Rifle, "A slight clearance should exist between top edge of the magazine box and lower surface of the receiver. Provision of this clearance insures adequate compression of the wood between receiver and trigger guard." Remodeling the Mauser 1898 Rifle, "Receiver must bottom fully in its mortise with only a very slight gap remaining between top surface of magazine box and bottom of receiver."
    This was a good question. I did not know that myself.
  • Options
    tinmanjjtinmanjj Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you for your replies guess i can give my dremil tool a rest and work on finishing the outside