In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington 870 special guns

manwinchmanwinch Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
Today I saw an older 870 with a matted barrel. Not a rib, this was matting pressed into the barrel. Anyone know if there many 870's with this feature, and what other special features were offered or are still offered?

Comments

• Options
    Ned FallNed Fall Member Posts: 662
    edited November -1
    The price referencing books make no mention of any special features. I suggest you contact Remington and ask them if you really want to know. The address is:
    Remington Arms Company Inc.
    870 Remington Drive
    P.O. Box 700
    Madison,NC 27025-0700
    Tel: (800) 243 9700
    E-mail: INFO @remington.com
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would probably be helpful for you to post photos here.

Neal
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are over 10 million 870's out there.

My bet is its a custom barrel. If you see the current tv series american guns there is a example of what you can do to a Rem 870.

Lots of options for a very popular platform.
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an 870 with a barrel dating to 1957. It has the "matte" rib on top of the barrel. These are not raised ribs, but pressed or stamped into the top of the barrel as you describe. Browning Auto 5's and Winchester Model 12's from that "era" have the same feature. I don't believe that they are uncommon or rare.