In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hi-Point 995TS Magazines?

hermiemhermiem Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me how to dismantle the factory issued 10-shot magazine for a Hi-Point 995TS? It looks to me like the polymer base is somehow permanently crimped and/or pressed on. I'm trying to help alleviate the ammo jaming. It was suggested to lightly sand the outsided edges of the magazine follower. Any constructive comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Easier to get another mag.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just looked at mine thinking it was like a conventional mag, but it's not. It looks to me like the base is pressed onto the metal shell. If you look at the bottom you can see the metal through the slots. The only way I could see it coming apart, would be to squeeze the sides together and pop off the base. But that is just a wild guess on my part.[:I]

You might have better luck cutting a piece of 400 grit sandpaper and slide it down the inside of the mag. Hold on to the paper and move the follower up and down with a dowel or pencil.

Good Luck
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a thin-blade knife through the bottom slots.. Put the tip between the plastic base and the mag body.. Push and turn the tip to separate them.. As you're doing this, with your thumb push the base away from the body.. Do this on both sides to work the base away and out of the recess/indent that the base snaps into..
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Contact Hi-Point and tell them you have a bad magazine. Chances are they'll send you a couple new ones free of charge.