In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What will this sell for

HooverTacticalHooverTactical Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=297091401

It's great and all but it's been here 7 months. Current start price is cost, NR

What price would I get on a 1500 start NR auction?

What price do you think i could get listed buy it now?

what would you do?

thanks

shipping: dammit well it's fixed price that is the standard footer

I mean i need it gone, it's listed here at cost so.... yeah

sat edit: The stock photo looking ads you see me running were done by the last guy who did this job, i have been letting them autorelist just to see if they ever sell and what merit there was to that disclaimer and way of doing things. I think I have learned all I can from them at this point ;) will fix today

the ones I post about are the ones i've done

Is this a super seasonal business? Would I be better off taking this guy down and waiting 3 months?

I'm really surprised at the lack of watchers and bids on this one, i think it's the cheapest one on the net and it's a sweeeeeeeet * m1a

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you haven't sold it in 7 months with it priced at retail. I would knock off 30%, to price it approximately at wholesale to see if that would generate any buyer interest.

EDIT #1, Don't know how much you got in it? But wouldn't sell it on a no reserve auction with a low starting price as others recommend. As you could wind up getting screwed big time money wise. Rather I would start it at the absolute low dollar price wise that you can live with, hoping it will sell. If it doesn't move in a couple months, stash it away and hope the economy turns around sometime in the future, so you will at least be able to get your money out of it.

EDIT #1, With a detachable magazine such as shown in the ad, I don't believe the SA would be California legal with the flash hider. I'm sure this is probably the reason the OP notes in his ad that their will be no sales to California.
  • Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just love auctions that have a fixed shipping price listed then the auction description says the buyer pays "actual shipping cost" Which is it anyway.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One thing is you are trying to sell at the worst time of the year for sales.

Big buck guns like that are on the back burner for a lot of wanna-be buyers. I am drooling all over that listing, the only thing stopping me from buying it today is the lack of money.....
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    i would say either go with the advice i gave you on the colt/cooper thread or nut up and be prepared to take a bath on it(not too terribly likely, but possible) by listing it at way below your nut.

whats killing you is its a high dollar gun in a crappy economy. thats the kind of gun that most buyers would have to save up for, usually for some time i would imagine. the discretionary money just isnt in most peoples budget these days, so that stack of cash in the M1A envelops isnt getting bigger, if not getting smaller.

you need to figure out what your bottom dollar is. not saying you have to start out willing to lose 50% percent on it(your $1,500 opener mentioned), but you need to figure out how low you can go before its cheaper to just shelve it until things pick up and then adjust your sales tactics accordingly. if you get it down low enough, it will actually rebound in price. we've all seen it. you cant sell a gun for 2k in ten listings but put it up for 1,500 and the sharks are all over it like a lion on a wounded gazelle. before you know it, the gavel falls at 2,200 and all you can think is "where the hell were you when i had it listed at 2k for weeks on end"!
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get rid of your reserves and I will start watching your auctions. I hate reserve auctions!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto on the reserve and if you offer a six month lay-away plan it might go faster.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GET RID OF THE RESERVES [8] [8] [8]
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    ++++10000[8][8][8]quote:Originally posted by duckhunter
    GET RID OF THE RESERVES [8] [8] [8]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reserve price and a piss poor economy start it at a thousand bucks and see where it goes. Then the next time you'll know. Or you can leave it as it is now and maybe sell it a year or two down the road.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that is a 10 rd magazine, it may be CA compliant and by not making it available to CA buyers, you may be eliminating a potentially large customer base. From what I understand, the process is not difficult to register to be able to transfer to a CA FFL.

I believe Mark Christian has commented on this before.