In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

older adjustable Winchester butt stock

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
Is anyone familiar with a stock that Winchester put out that was for shotguns? Not sure of the years but apparently it was an adjustable stock that was fitted to the shooter then sent back to Winchester. Winchester would then duplicate a wood stock that was the the same as the adjusted one. Any idea as to what gun this came with and approximately what year it was sent out? Any idea on a value? I have done some searching and have not had any luck since I'm not sure what to call it. A local guy claims to have one for sale, haven't seen it yet and trying to do a little homework.Thanks in advance.

Todd

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    ,,,,don't know about Winchester,,,,,but the 'try gun' your referencing is used by several custom manufactures. My Ljutic MonoGun was set up after they sent me a 'try gun',,,,I adjusted the stock to my liking, shot a couple of hundred rounds and with a little more tweaking returned it to them. They fitted the stock to my specs.,,,,it could then be adjusted from there if needed.....I would think Win. 'might' have had that option for there high grade trap/skeet guns,,,,,,

Found the below ad,,,,,Connecticut Shotgun

www.csmcspecials.com/category_s/41.htm

WINCHESTER - Model 12 Factory Try-Gun, 12ga, 30", M, ventilated rib, mid 1950's manufacture, completely original, only one ever produced by Winchester, ultimate rarity for the Model 12 collector.
    8 lbs., 14 oz. ,,,,,,,$12.000.00,,,,,,,[:0]
    [/quote]

I just seen that after your post. However the fella that I'm talking with says it is the stock only and not the whole gun. Would Winchester have any info??
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    ,,,,don't know about Winchester,,,,,but the 'try gun' your referencing is used by several custom manufactures. My Ljutic MonoGun was set up after they sent me a 'try gun',,,,I adjusted the stock to my liking, shot a couple of hundred rounds and with a little more tweaking returned it to them. They fitted the stock to my specs.,,,,it could then be adjusted from there if needed.....I would think Win. 'might' have had that option for there high grade trap/skeet guns,,,,,,

Found the below ad,,,,,Connecticut Shotgun

www.csmcspecials.com/category_s/41.htm

WINCHESTER - Model 12 Factory Try-Gun, 12ga, 30", M, ventilated rib, mid 1950's manufacture, completely original, only one ever produced by Winchester, ultimate rarity for the Model 12 collector.
    8 lbs., 14 oz. ,,,,,,,$12.000.00,,,,,,,[:0]

I just seen that after your post. However the fella that I'm talking with says it is the stock only and not the whole gun. Would Winchester have any info??

,,,,doubt it. As Winchester is not 'Winchester' any more(USRAC),,,you could call and see if they have any records re your research.
    [/quote]

Winchester is not USRAC anymore either. That stopped in 2006, when they closed the New Haven plant. Winchester is now under the FN-USA/BACO banner. BACO, stands for Browning Arms Company.

If there would be anyone withthe know, in this situation about the original question, it would be our resident Winchester expert...Bert H.

Best