In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need information on FN Model 1922

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
Any information on this 32 auto pistol will be appreciated. Not interested in value so much, I feel it's about a $250 gun, but the history is more important. I know it's made by FN, thats on the plastic or rubber grips and the slide is marked, FABRIQUE NATIONALE D'ARMES DE GUERRE HERSTAL, BELGIQUE, Browning's Patent Depose. There is also stamped the Natzi Eagle and also WaA140 as best as I can read. The frame serial number is 3639. The barrel and slide serial numbers are 101729. There is no serial number on the cap at the end of the barrel. On the front side of the trigger guard is stamped FN and on the other side is stamped the letter S. Condition, excepting the mismatched numbers, is about 92%. It shoots great with no misfires or jams so far. Thanks for anything you can share.

Comments

• Options
    HooverTacticalHooverTactical Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post pics, I have a .25 that I think is similar.

There is also stamped the Natzi Eagle

nice

post pics please
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    100 of thousands of the 1922 Model Browning were made during the German occupation of Belgium, during W W II. The ones with the WaA140 acceptance markings are the most commonly observed. If your pistol has a serial number of 3639, it most likely has a letter suffix. If it doesn't have one, the most likely explanation is that it was assembled from parts very late in the occupation, or after the Germans were run out in 1944.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe-Snow. Thanks for your information.
    There is no letter prefix or suffix to the frame serial number.
    Your explaination matches the note left by the previous owner in the cigar box the gun came in. He was an elderly Army vet that died. His notes were for his widow to help her sell the gun. He wrote:
    1. WWII Browning Parts Gun.
    2.Put together last days of War.
    3. 32 Caliber, Works Perfectly.
    4.Mint Bore
    5. Price. Ask $285, Very reasonable.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    As Rufe has said, this was a very popular gun with the Nazi's during WWII. Well made, somewhere near 363,000 units were accepted by the Germans for their use. From your mismatched gun, it seems that it was one of the final "put togethers" from left over parts at the FN factory before we took it over in 1944..heck, who knows but yours could be on the last of the 83k made in 19944! You don't mention as to the mag or the holster...if you have either or both that are correct with the pistol then the value went up significantly!