In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Model 1894 SRC 32-40

GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
I am looking at another gun from the same collection. I will let the photos talk. I have until tomorrow to let him know. Bore is excellent, shiny with strong rifling. Marbles front and rear sights, Letters correctly. Is $1800 fair? I also poster this in a Winchester forum. Thanks. .

IMG_6573.jpg

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6581.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

There is no mention of the sights in the letter. The front sight lug has been filed a bit but nothing brazed on.

photo-11.jpg
photo-74.jpg

Comments

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i think its a little high,but i like old winchesters, so how much do you like it? eastbank.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Looks like a wire wheel on a bench grinder was use where the forearm meets the front of receiver. [V]
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally, I think that's a little high even if it was 25-35 or 38-55 considering the overall condition. The fore end looks real bad in my opinion. Maybe to good of camera? I think about somewhere around $1200.00 seems more like it. Just my humble opinion..............
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my opinion, the price tag is a few hundred too high. The rear sight is definitely not original, and I doubt that the front sight is either. I do no like the damaged front sight post, or the condition of the forend stock. The only thing it has going for it is the caliber. SRCs in 32-40 are scarce.
  • Options
    BUCKAWHOBUCKAWHO Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    32-40 SRC....Price is a bit too high, but it sure is a neat rifle, and there are just not plenty of them around. You may never find a better one, and that one is no beater, either! BT
  • Options
    oldgunmanoldgunman Member Posts: 1,779 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neat rifle but I too don't think the sights are original. Seems high in price but they are not easily found. I bought one last year in the same caliber at a garage sale for an unbelievable $400 with some issues, but after shooting it, I don't think I could ever get rid of it. Mine is a 5 digit serial number. (1895) Would love to get a deer with it. Did you end up buying it?