In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FEG PA63

redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
Just picked up a Hungarian PA63 in 9X18 Mak. Nice little pistol,shoots fine,but has a very heavy double action trigger pull. Single action pull is OK. Does anyone know a cure for this?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi i have a feg pa63 in whichis a knock off of a walther pp, needing parts will any walther parts interchange?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is this pistol DA/SA like a Walther or is it DAO?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    have a chance to get one if ayone has one please rate it for me. thanks
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the same gun but I have never needed parts so I cannot say for sure .
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Not really no. Parts from the Kassnar PMK will interchange.
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or maybe even FEG AP7 parts, its almost identical.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    It would be simpler to tell us which parts you need to swap out, then maybe there will be some answers specific to your question.
    The PA63 looks like a clone of the Walther, but many parts have been modified by the Hungarians.
  • Options
    ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The PA 63 is not a clone of the Walther series, is an improvement on the Walam 48 series pistols. There are several clones of the PA 63. Parts do not interchange with the Walther PP/PPK series pistols. While I have many original Hungarian parts do not have everything. List only a few on my web site. http://www.thedealershowroom.com/page/page/1222170.htm
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    redhead71....as others have said, your feg pa63 is not interchangeable with a PP as the Hungarians had their own designs and a rather extensive (and proud) history of making their own weapons. You might be interested in this months Handgunner mag that has a nice article on pa63 and its shooting capabilities. I have a couple of them also and like them for their lightness. Also a much rarer R61 with the Party Banner on the slide that I recently tried to sell at a regional gun show and most folks had no clue what they were looking at and walked right past it. It, too, is a nice little pistol in the size range of a PPk and is in 9mm Mak.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I might add I bought the gun for a little over $100.00 back in 1997 .I have used it for my carry piece for years .Shoots every time and is light weight enough to be comfortable.Summers in NC are extremely humid and hot and anything bigger is hard to conceal.Plus if I have to leave it in the truck to go into the bank or somewhere and it gets stolen I have not lost my good ruger or my 1911
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....