In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Late model 94 with set triggers

ophannaophanna Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
I came across a Winchester model 1894 (in 30-30) made in 1952 that has double set triggers. I had thought that set triggers were only available on the earlier 94s. Has anyone else seen this before? Does anyone know how many of these late models were made with set triggers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,

A 1952 production Model 94 should not have a set trigger. I am not saying that it is impossible for it to be correct, but the odds are extremely high against it. Over the past number of years, I have surveyed nearly five thousand post WW II production Model 94 Carbines, and I have not ever seen or confirmed a single one of them with a set trigger.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a difference between the factory set triggers, installed by Winchester in the early days. And the post W W II custom ones, installed by a skilled gunsmith many years latter.

There both set triggers, but like apples and oranges value and collectors demand wise.

If the 94 isn't marked in any way? And you can't rundown it's history, after leaving Winchester in the early 50's. Going to be tough.
  • Options
    ophannaophanna Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I appreciate the replies. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ophanna
    I appreciate the replies. Thank you very much.

If I were you, I'd send good clear pictures to Bert H to see if he can tell one way or the other, he's the guy that I trust!