In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

whats this worth??

djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
I'm going to put it on the auction side shortly bit I need help on the price. I have no idea what it may be worth. I paid about $600. Any input guesses.
http://s831.photobucket.com/user/killoyz/library/model 90

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Sweet come back when you put it up for sale.Engraved model 90 's are something one does not see every day.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most important factor money wise with engraved guns. Is if they were engraved at the factory, when they were made. If you can establish that, your way ahead as far as value is concerned. Specially if it was done by a noted engraver.

If it's aftermarket engraving on the other hand, all bets are off. it would be strictly based on the cosmetics of the engraving. And all engraving unfortunately, isn't created equal.

Post lots of high quality, close-up photos. To give the potential buyers an idea of the quality of the engraving.
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    who made model 90?
  • Options
    my-handymanmy-handyman Member Posts: 298 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sir: Dose it have chock tubes? What gauge is it - 12,16, 20? Ejector or extractor. Barrel selector?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by my-handyman
    Sir: Dose it have chock tubes? What gauge is it - 12,16, 20? Ejector or extractor. Barrel selector?

12 ga, no choke tubes, non selective trigger, I've fired it so little that I cant remember if it has ejectors
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by o b juan
    who made model 90?

Marlin?
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Marlin model 90 does not have ejectors (I have two of them). The single trigger fires the bottom barrel first and the trigger resets automatically for the second shot. It does not require recoil to reset.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like model 90's. I'm far from an expert on them, but I have some and follow them on a fairly regular basis. The 12 gauges don't bring near the money the 410's or combination guns do, but there seems to be a fair amount of collectors of the Model 90's.
    My guess is it's aftermarket engraving. Very nice and pretty, but it looks more modern and aftermarket in my opinion.
    My bet would be $800.00-1200.00 on the auction side. Maybe more if the "right" couple of people see it. Please post a link when you list it. It's a pretty gun for sure!
    Good luck,
    Ed