In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wolf springs for Colt SAA

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
I'm thinking about trying some Wolf springs in my 2nd. generation Colt single action. Has anyone tried these? Was just wondering if they help trigger and hammer pull like they say?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Wolf springs. I'm sure they will help improve your pistol. I'm also sure that with additional tuning of the spring(s) and the action will yield the best results. Often not a DIY project.

If you are going to try and tune the springs buy 2 packs and save the originals. Once metal is removed it's really hard to put back. Stoning action parts to remove burrs is easy, not messing with angles is hard.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take Charlie's advice to heart. The Wolff mainspring/boltspring's for the SAA's. Aren't all that expensive. Give them a try, what you got to lose.

If you really want to have a high quality, trigger job done on a SAA, though. Turn it over to a pro. The original, flat, leaf type mainsprings are much harder to tweak. Than modern coil springs.

Here is a photo of the Wolff SAA mainspring off their site. Supposedly the skeletonized center section, improves the trigger pull.

SAA%20Mainspring.JPG