In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Interarms Mark X parts

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know of a parts source for the Interarms Zastava Mark X ? Our host GunBroker does not show any and neither does Numrich. I am needing a trigger, safety, and front and rear sights. Also will any of the commercial type Mauser actions interchange. Any info is appreciated. Terrill

Comments

• Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Century is the new/current importer.

Dunno if they'll have parts though
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Mark X is one of many commercial copies of the 98 Mauser. As such, I would get a 98 trigger w/safety. As far as the sights, I can be of no help; I don't believe I've seen a Mark X with sights.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is basically a commercial version of the large ring Mauser.

There are differences between this gun and the other Mausers, but standard Mauser trigger should either drop right in or work with minimal fitting.

Not sure about safety; I suspect the same is true.

On sights, different versions of this had different sights over the years. Many came with no sights. Older ones were drilled and tapped on the side for possible addition of peep sights.

The fact that these Millet sight bases are listed as for "Mark X and FN Mauser" suggests to me that standard commercial Mauser sights will probably also fit OK:

http://tinyurl.com/pnofk8p
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The trigger/safety is a proprietary design. After market like Bold or Timney will require some stock mods. I've seen the trigger on e##y occasionally but that's a gamble since I've found older vs. newer sometimes aren't interchangeable. There may be differences in the sear/striker interface.
    As for the sights, is the barrel D&T? If so, the distance between screws and barrel diameter might suffice to get you a rear sight. Then for the front, same questions plus difference in height to determine front sight needed. If the barrel isn't already D&T, best option is a knowledgeable gunsmith.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An after market trigger, like Timney or Bold, depends on which cocking piece the bolt has, one is notched, and one is flat.
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Mauser-33384/Rifles-37349/MarkX-39235.htm
    The original safety is part of the trigger assembly, and the bolt shroud is the streamlined FN style.
    Front sight is a hooded ramp that's silver soldered to the barrel. The rear sight is a Williams style folding leaf.
    FN Commercial, Santa Barbara, Parker Hale, Charles Daly, Remington 798, are a few that most parts interchange with.
  • Options
    338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to thank all for the replies and this will put me on track for what I need. Terrill