In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is my dan wesson 357 mag ctg worth

hottdogghottdogg Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
Just wondering what my dan wesson model ctg 357 mag heavy barrell vent rib adjustable sight blued in excellent condition 8 inch barrell is worth? It is the whole gun and it is a monson mass How can you tell when it was made and where is the model number located or is the model just the ctg?

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best to post quality close up photos, for accurate identification and valuation. Instructions for posting photos, at this link.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

3 different companies made various models of the Dan Wesson revolver. Starting in the early 70's. They very substantially in price.
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I read that right,it's just a barrel for sale. ?
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That looked like a DW with the plain 8" barrel shroud, the plains are a bit less valuable this the V ( vent) or VH( vent heavy full lug) shrouds . The Monson Mass. Built DWs see to be more desire able than the others. Only auction will show the full value.
  • Options
    lcdrdanrlcdrdanr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Assuming no accessories, average condition, Monson, Mass gun, I would estimate somewhere between $250 to $400.00. It's not particularly rare or collectible but is a well built desirable shooter.

Dan R
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mort4570

The (adjustable) sight is in the rear of the frame, if he is just selling the bbl needs to be more specific.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hottdogg,

If that is a Model 15-2, Monson, MA made, and it is in the shape you say it is in, it is worth between $500.00, and $1000.00, for the whole gun. Barrels, just by themselves will bring between $200.00, and $600.00. The best place to get the true value of it, is on the auction side here at GunBroker.com. A dealer will low ball you, as they also have to make money.

Best
  • Options
    CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a web site and forum dedicated to D W revolvers and accessories. I'd google it, join, and ask the guys who really know.[8D]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is as clean as you say it is you can sell it here and get at least $400 + for it. I've been following them here for a while and I currently own 2 of them. They are definitely in demand and they are selling at a premium.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is the whole gun it also is a monson ma where is the model number located?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Iquote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    quote:Originally posted by Mort4570

The (adjustable) sight is in the rear of the frame, if he is just selling the bbl needs to be more specific.

Its the whole gun sorry I should have been more specific.