In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 'win choke's confusion?

non mortuusnon mortuus Member Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
Considering getting a different choke for a winchester 1300 pump shotgun. However, I am a bit confused about the information I am finding about the 'win chokes' for this firearm. Could those that know please clearify something for me.

1. Have read that there are two or three different generations of the win chokes, all types are thread the same and can be used interchanagly? Is this correct?

2. There are other chokes that could possiably also be subsituted for a 'win choke'such as 'Browning Invector', 'Mossberg Accu-Choke' etc. Is this correct?

thank you

Comments

• Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv_popup.jsp?pageName=TechSpecChokeTubeInterchangeComparisonChart

Says Winchester (no specific model/trade name mentioned, or version) crosses over to Mossberg 500 Weatherby
    and Browning Invector style threads
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    " all types are thread the same and can be used interchanagly? Is this correct?".............yes
    you can also use any browning invector (NOT invector +), and mossberg accuchoke
  • Options
    Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some versions of the Winchester Model 59, produced in the early 60s, used a screw-in choke system known as the Versalite. These chokes were used with Win-Lite barrels. Some folks mistakenly refer to the Versalite chokes as Win-Chokes, but they are different. Versalite chokes protrude from the end of the barrel a significant amount and resemble a ported compensator. Win-chokes protrude just a little and what's visible looks like a solid knurled extension. I don't think the threads are the same. In any event, use caution if buying sight unseen since some folks mistakenly call Versalite chokes Win-chokes.