In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 500 stock question

jebbarjebbar Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
Are the stocks for the 20 and 12 ga models 500 the same? I'm hoping to buy a new stock for my 20 ga Mossberg 500 and I don't see many Mossberg or after-market sales specifically listed for 20 ga.

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to Hogue, their 12 and 20 use the same stock and fore-end. See here:

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18

ATI also claims their stocks fit both.
    On the other hand, Boyd lists 12 and 20 as using different stocks.

Apparently a 12 gauge will fit on a 20, but depending on variant, there may be a bit of a "lip" on either side where the stock meets the metal. This may matter, it may not, and it may also potentially be fixable by you (eg with a file) if it does.

So many people swap out the factory stocks of these for aftermarket, that if you want one, you should be able to find one fairly easily (and probably inexpensively) on one of the "E" auction sites (including this one). Mossberg itself would also probably be happy to sell you a factory stock, if you contacted them.