In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CVA Shotgun

MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
i have a conneticut valley arms shotgun, it is a 20 gauge 3" mag single shot,full choke gun.i cant find out any information on it.i was wondering if anyone can tell me some things about it including value.i also have a remington 870 wingmaster 20 gauge with a full and modified barrel what is it worth?hope someone can help me out

hunting,its not a passion its an obsession

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Connecticut Valley Arms/Armi San Marco single shot 20ga shotgun that my dad gave me for my 9th birthday. I have the same gun in .410 also. I had it out today doing some rabbit hunting and somehow managed to break the extractor. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement??? I would hate to have to retire this gun. Lots of sentimental value to me.

It doesn't have a model #. From the late 1980's

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doubtful you will find parts. If you have the pieces it might be fixable or at least the pattern to make one. As kid my buddy had a weak extractor/ejector single barrel shotgun. We just kept a 50 BMG bullet in our pocket, dropped down the bore it would usually knock them free. Really tight reloads required thumb over muzzle and then shake up and down.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Google CVA parts. Someone has some parts. I was able to find a new barrel for a CVA muzzleloader several years back. Don't remember where. Any good gunsmith should be able to make one.
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might try Dixie Gun Works in Tn.
  • Options
    c.shimerc.shimer Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deer Creek Products (6989 E. Michigan Rd., Waldron, IN 46182, or PO Box 246, same ZIP; phone 765-525-6181 has a lot of CVA parts.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,192 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a cheap korean 410, do this to me once. I used one made for a winchester model 37, had to do a little filing/fitting but after hour or so I got it to work and I am no trained gunsmith. If you have no luck finding original part, take yours out and compare to others you may find something that will be close enough to work.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deer Creek is where I got my barrel. Good people if they have what you need.