In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

how to install swivels?

loruslorus Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
That's another question that bothered me for quite some time. I have a 10/22 unto which I would like to attach a sling. But looking at the pictures of swivels I cannot undertsand how to install them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just about any brand you buy Uncle Mikes ,Butler Creek .Should have instructions .It's a fairly simple job.Ask if instructions come in package,if not buy another brand.

[:)]

ATF
  • Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. Easy. You need a drilling machine with the proper sized drill. No big deal. Drill the hole screw in the stud. Get the quick release type. Trust me.
  • Options
    shotgunredshotgunred Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    also another thing is to drill the hole smaller than the stud and i use jb weld to hold mine in so they will not come loose EVER (shotgunred)[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another thing is to make sure you tape off the wood. I've split out stocks because it is easy to cant the drill just a little and the upper part of the spirals will grab and split a small part of the stock. Either using a drill-press, or clamping and taping it should prevent this...

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.