In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7mm mag

lightingboltlightingbolt Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I've read articles and looked at charts and stuff, but have never actually shot the 7mm mag before. My questions are: 1) When compared to the .270 is the increase in performace worth the additional recoil and ammo cost (considering Eastern US hunting -- mostly whitetails)? 2) Is the 7mm mag as versatile as the .270 in regards to loads, bullet weights available, and hunting opportunities? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i got a 7mm mag and when i take to the range my first shot its two inches high at 100 yards my second shot at 1 inch higher my 3rd shot dead on 100 and every shot after that it stays around dead on. why does it shot 2inches low the first shot then levels off after a couple shots.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am lookin at gettin a 7mm mag for my big game hunting. but would like some info on the caliber before i go out and buy one? any info would be helpfull thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi I would like to know what a Savage model#110cl 7mm mag is worth. The barrel legth is 26" blued. It's in real good condition. It has a simmons aetec 2.5 to 12 with A/O.The scope is only a year old. Regular butt plate taking off and a butt plate you just slip on is on it know.