In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington model 1100 .410 ?

shotgunredshotgunred Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
i was at a gunshow this weekend and seen a remington model 1100 .410 that had the receiver engraved on it i ask the guy about it and he said it was a special run by remington and that it was a hard gun to get is this guy pulling my leg or was there a .410 with a engraved receiver that was a special run and if so what is the going price on these guns he wanted 700.00 for that one thanks, (shotgunred) [:D][:D][:D]

Comments

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The engraved reciever isn't all that special. Depending on whether it was new or not, $700 might be high. If it was new in the box, of the new satin-finished models with that retarded locking safety, then that is probably a fair price. Also, if it is the older style, obvious by the white-diamond on the pistol-grip part of the stock, and it was in excellent condition, it is probably worth it, but not a steal. I don't like the new locking safety (as you can tell from my comment above), so opted to wait and find an older version. It took me most of a year, but I found one in 95%+ for under $600 delivered...
    However, if you run across a full-choke vent-rib barrel while you're out shopping let me know. I've got the skeet, IC, and modified, but still looking for a full. Thanks!

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    walleyemanwalleyeman Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guy at work bought one this past weekend, engraved ,new in box, with the new lock, 600.00 +tax.

Wally
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not think any of the shotguns mentioned are really engraved. What is being seen as engraving is merely scroll work rolled into the receivers of certain vintage Models 1100. They all had it during certain periods of production. I much perfer the plain receivers.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AS USUAL THE JUDGE IS CORRECT. REMINGTON CALLS THE "ENHANCED" I HAVE ONE LISTED ON THIS SITE

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.