In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

124 gr. (+P+) 9mm Hydras

Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I was just about to order a bunch of (+P+) 124gr. Hydra Shoks for my carry guns. Any experience with them?

christian

christian

Comments

• Options
    DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, they beat a good gun to death. Buy a bigger caliber if you want more power.
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually nothing wrong with those if you don't use them as a regular practice round. Use just enough so you know how to handle them if you need to and know they'll feed well.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My intentions are just that... load them for when I carry... but who could afford to practice with them? I'll practice enough to know how to handle them, but target rounds for the range. Hopefully I'll never know what they're like in combat. The guns I carry are Glock and Sig.

christian

christian
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Well, hehehe, I'd avoid firing them at night, the muzzle flash is pretty debilitating with the +p+ rounds. That and they do tend to really beat up your gun, and your ear drums if you have to fire one without benefit of ear protection.