In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of early CZ 75

TravelerTraveler Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I received an early CZ 75 9mm from my dad and I am trying to find out the value of it. We haven't been able to find the sale date on the box or manual. He doesn't remember when he got it or for how much. We do know that it is an early version with the curved trigger guard. The numbers (#125795) on the right side all match. On the left side it says Model 75 Cal 9 Para, Made in Czechoslovakia and Bauska Kalispell Mt. I have the box, manual and 2 magazines. It has only been shot once or twice.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These were imported during the early 1980's. Bauska is/was? a barrel maker in Kalispell, MT. These CZ 75's were real hard to come by during that time frame as the Czech' s were still stuck behind the "Iron Curtain" and there were import restrictions that affected Firearms from the East Block Countries.
    The story I heard, was that Bauska brought these CZ 75's in from some other country in Africa to get around the Import ban?
    As far as value is concerned, J & G has an add in my latest S. N. that they are selling new import CZ 75BD Police Models for $320. I would imagine your older model in the condition you describe would probably be worth between $350 & $400.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess the 1980s are getting to be a while ago, but to me, the "early" CZ75 pistols are the polished blue short-rail ones from the 1970s with no import marks. By the time Bauska was importing the guns in the 1980s, the restrictions were mostly gone. I believe they came directly from Czechoslovakia and have never heard the "Out of Africa" story, but I do not claim any special knowledge on the subject. Bauska imported the entire line of CZ guns, including long guns. (I have their brochures from the 1980s.) They tell me they have no records regarding the guns they handled. It might be interesting to ask Bauska about the "Out of Africa" story.

I too have a Bauska CZ75 with box and papers and value it quite highly, but I keep looking for a true "early" one with the short rails.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I local daler has one like you describe with 2 15 rd mags like new in box and wants $500 for it. I think that may be a little high, but the guns are a bit smoother than the newer ones are out of the box.

Why does everyone feel the need to burn that much powder?