In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shotgun help

pulsewormpulseworm Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a shotgun that I can not figure anything out about. The only thing it says is MADE IN SPAIN "VOLUNTEER" FOR BLUMENFELD CO. When you break it over it is stamped MUNDIAL AND THE S/N IS 129837. It also has several other stamps. I am trying to figure those stamps out right now. It is a 16 gauge chambered in 3".

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am in search of a good shotgun for home protection and trap shooting. I want a very good name and dependable semi-auto. The only problem is I know absolutely nothing about shotguns. I am more of a "handgunner" but am interested in trap shooting. I am willing to pay a little more to get a good firearm.

thanks for all opinions
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i currently use a 20 gauge winchester but i want to upgrade to a 12 gauge for bird hunting. i'm taking suggestions on brands or maybe the benefits of a 16 gauge. so tell me what ya'll like.
  • Options
    walleyemanwalleyeman Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington 870-- one 16 and one 12--you never have enough!!

Wally
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i hunt ducks and sometimes geese, i use a 12 ga ithaca 37 pump with a 3" chamber. i use remington hevi-shot. works well for me. i personaly wont use a 16 because of limited over-the-counter loads. try to shoot a couple of different brands before you decide on one. good luck!
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    all around Browning Gold Hunter it will shoot 23/4" & 3" for waterfowl I have to argee with DIRTYRAT on the 16ga
    Lt.RRG
  • Options
    Duckslayer16Duckslayer16 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an mossberg 835 2-3/2in., 3in, and 3-1/2in. chamber it works exelent for water fowl i hade no problems what so ever. My freind has a Benelli Nova and he had the gun for about 1 year and had no problems and i hade my mossberg for 2 years so take my advice and just try them or look around and get diffrent opinions on those 2 guns.[:)]
  • Options
    GotdeereGotdeere Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know much about the 16 Ga. But I have a Remington 1187 3" as well as a Benelli Nova. The Nova is REALLY easy and QUICK to take apart for cleaning. It really depends on your price range, Pump or Auto, and Wood - Synthetic.
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    By bird hunting do you mean ducks and geese or upland birds. For the upland birds a 20 is quite sufficent and no need to 'upgrade'. Of course any excuse for another gun is better than none.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning Gold, Beretta 391, Remington 1187 are quality shotguns. They are chambered for 3 in. shells. The Remington 1100 is also good if you only need to shoot 2 3/4 in. A 26 in. barrell would be a good choice for upland bird hunting. These are all auto loaders. Depending on what you want to spend you could also consider an over/under. Many makes and varieties.
  • Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Plan 'A' would be buy another Winchester in 12 ga, if you're happy with the one you have. Plan 'B' would be a Remington 870 in 12 Ga.
    16 gauge ammo is too hard to come by these days.