In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of Dusek Duo 25 cal pistol??

tonysapp2tonysapp2 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
Any one have an idea of the value of a Dusek Duo 25 cal. pistol in very good condition?

I have had a hard time getting info. on this one.

Thanks,
Tony

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to my references, when your DUO Pistol was made has a great bearing on the value.
    The ones made during the German occupation of Czechoslovakia, (circa 1939-1945) that have the slide legend in German "OPOTSCHNO", and the German Proof Marks "bring a 25 percent premium" $300 to $400 in excellent condition.
    The ones made prior to the German occupation (1926-1938) and after the war when the communists took over and nationalized the factory (1946-1948) have a lesser value.
  • Options
    tonysapp2tonysapp2 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh man, I wish i would have checked here first.

I just traded mine + 75.00 for a Chinese SKS in excellent condition w/ a high cap mag.

quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    According to my references, when your DUO Pistol was made has a great bearing on the value.
    The ones made during the German occupation of Czechoslovakia, (circa 1939-1945) that have the slide legend in German "OPOTSCHNO", and the German Proof Marks "bring a 25 percent premium" $300 to $400 in excellent condition.
    The ones made prior to the German occupation (1926-1938) and after the war when the communists took over and nationalized the factory (1946-1948) have a lesser value.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    These little Czech automatics are one of the nicer pocket pistols patterned after the 1906 Browning. Dusek sold quite a few of them all over the world prior to WWII and I've encounterd them frequently during my travels through eastern Europe. There was a large German firm who marketed these pistols quite heavily (I can't recall the name) but you'll sometimes see these pistols with a German name stamped on the slides. As the Snowman says there is a premium for German occupation production and I'd say the prices he mantions in his post are about right. After the war the Dusek factory was seized by the state and CZ began to produce these pistols under the name Z-Pistol. These are nice guns and compare very well with others in their class. Harsh tariffs on eatern bloc products and the Gun Control Act of 1968 meant that these post war pistols are not often seen in the United States.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Friend of mine has one his father captured in WWII (the German who owned it didn't need it anymore...) It's a pre-war one, and in good shape. As a family heirloom, he'd never part with it. CDNN had a spare mag for it, but they are now sold out. Will a baby Browning mag work?

Iraqi: "Is it true that only 13% of American kids can find Iraq on a map?"
    American reporter: "Yes, but all 13% are Marines"

"Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns." - Calvin
  • Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    Triple K makes this magazine.
    Ask for their # 36, costs $26.
    Email kurtk@triplek.com