In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester model 1892

rwallerrwaller Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
On the Winchester model 1892 was the wood finished in varnish or oil or both. Thank You

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    In front of my trigger guard are the letters, U S C Co. and under that is 9-13-93 # 218. Can anyone help me with the letters and numbers? Number on Winchester is 14355.
    Thanks very much.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the value and age of a Winchester model 1892 (.44-40) serial #708966
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking at a model 1892 in a 25/20. It is a take down model. Is it worth more because of the take down and a guess how much if every thing else is equal thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a Winchester model 1892 in a 25/20 cal. I have been told that the barrel has been cut off. What are my options. Should try to find a different barrel or leave it as is. Cabelas has said not worth much.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Production for the SERIAL NUMBER 708966 Started at 694753 and Ended at 742675 for the Year 1913...as for value???? Gonna need a lot more information...! Rifle or Carbine, Takedown or Not? Condition of Wood, Metal over all Finish! Bore Condition, Caliber, Checkering? Engraving? Give a complete and Total discription of this Gun....Someone will be able to help You.......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff