In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which Mini-14 do I have?

GunHawkeGunHawke Member Posts: 576 ✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
[?] Hello folks....and thanks ahead of time! I have a Mini-14 with the wooden handguard above the barrel. The serial number is 182-04xxx. I wanted a short little .223 to compliment my bull-barrel AR. My gun came with 5 & 20 (I think) Ruger mags. How old is the carbine....approx., and what, if any updates should I consider?

Watch out for Sadam's drones!!!

"They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull a trigger. I won't!" J.B. Books

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hawke,,,,, I have several mini's. I have one with the wood handguard over the barrel, and it is a 180 series. I think your gun may have originally come with the vented synthetic handguard, and may have been replaced later.
    The 5 rd mags would fit flush with the bottom of the gun, and the 20 rd would protrude below a few inches. If your 20rd mags are factory Ruger they are worth $80.00 to $100.00 each.

I can not give an exact age of your rifle, but I believe the 182 series guns are at least 15 yrs old. Old or new, mini-14's are great little rifles.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your gun was made in 1981. Serial numbers to 182-45601
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Mr. Gunhawke with your eyes you need to buy a shotgun [:D][}:)][;)]