In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt/cz

nadonnadon Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a colt/cz pistol. Does anyone know why they only made a small amount, I have heard around 500 units, and what happened that they no longer co-manufacture?

Comments

• Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Not really a co-manufacture. The gun Z40 was made by CZ with Colt's name on it. Financial woes at Colt precluded any further marketing as they were supposed to be released. Have heard that 250-500 were sold by RSR not sure of the exact number.

The current CZ 40B is the same gun with the advantage of being a traditional DA instead of DAO. Because of the limited avail of the Z40 it will probably in the future command a premium. Same as the Double Nine, All American 2000, etc. and other disccontinued models.
    It may not because the gun is avail as the CZ 40B. At present it may best be described as a Colt oddity.

The 40B is based on the CZ 75 but with a 1911 grip angle and is the same size as a Commander. I have been impressed with mine and have had no problems of any kind.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Punchie has it right!

Let me say this, however. A Colt marked gun such as what you are talking about and describing is a real "rare" item. If you can buy it at any sort of reasonable price, I would recommend you do so. It will only go up in value. Not sure if it is even listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values per se, but if not, it soon will be! It would be sort of like betting on "ACES, STRAIGHTS, AND FLUSHES!" ~~My Opinion!~~

"Life is FRAGILE!" Handle With Care!
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes this gun is in the blue book. And there are some listed on GB fro auction right now if you want to see a pic of one.