In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pre-ban G3 value??

waggywaggy Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a pre-ban Portugese semiauto G3 (olive green stock). I bought it new several years ago. I have the original box, etc., 95%+, with a quick detachabe scope mount, and a 3x9 Burris. Any idea as to the value for sale purposes.
Thanks, Mark

Comments

• Options
    AmpersandAmpersand Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the market flooded by Cetmes and FAL clones it looks like the prices on even the preban guns have been driven down some. I was looking for a 308 military type gun recently and it looked like a lot were not getting any bids and prices were even lowered without much luck. I know that some people want the preban guns more but I don't know how many are willing to pay much more to get one. It looks like these types of guns are going for around $350 or maybe $400. You might get more for a preban but you won't know until you try. Maybe the Portugese made guns are better? I am not that familiar with the different G3 guns.

&
  • Options
    RSLINTIIRSLINTII Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to www.hkweaponsystems.com and ask. I believe that your FLM[8)] is worth between $1200/800. The extras may help to sell it or part them off. Rifle was made onHk / machines in portugal, so is much better tha the "clones' which use poor to OK recievers. Best, Robert

"Endurance"