In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

??? about my Colt 380 Pocket/ Hammerless

brineyrdbrineyrd Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a Colt 380 Pocket Pistol Hammerless. I have found many 32 cal. but few 380's I have read up on it a little and know there were a couple of types. Mine has a four diget serial number (#5964). The finish is gone and it shows a lot of wear. I guess what I'm looking for is an approx. age and value on this Colt. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    My Colt book list that serial no for a model 1908 pocket hammerless .380 as being madel in 1910.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    The model 1903 Colt Pocket pistols were made in 3 calibers. They are 38acp, 380acp and 32acp. A fourth pocket pistol was model 1908 and is in 25 acp caliber.

My friend PearyW is correct about the year your pistol was made. I have at least one of each in my collection as shown below..from left to right: 32acp, 380acp and 38acp.

Colt3.jpg

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"<br>NRA Certified Firearms Instructor<br>Member: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD.<br> <A HREF="mailto:njretcop@copmail.com">njretcop@copmail.com</A> <P>
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Value is probably $300; if there is no finish, and a lot of wear as you say. I collect these pistols, and have watched the bidding on these for a long time, and if you look, an average 1903 .32 usually is from $250-400. .380 is worth more, but you take a hit on the appearance. Check out Coltautos.com