In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta 92FS value?

niteskynitesky Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
could you tell me a value of a Beretta 92 FS. I bought it new in 1991 (I believe). It has 'made in Italy' inscribed on it, original plastic case w/ instruction book written 1/2 Italian and 15rd clips, blued finish,#E34.....Z
Thank you for your help

Comments

• Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty much depends on condition, but an Italian Beretta would probably get more than a US built gun. Ballpark is $500 but you gotta say what kind of shape it's in so someone can pin it down for you.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    niteskynitesky Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I guess you would call the shape of it excellent condition, only one box of ammo. fired through it, no body damage at all, been stored in the case for all these years.
  • Options
    PythonPython Member Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nitesky;
    As with all things firearm, condition is everything.
    In excellent condition a 92Fs is worth $500. As condition deteriorates
    so too do values.
  • Options
    VonflakVonflak Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happened to the value of 92fs's?

I jumped on a very minty one at $420 out the door. Saw it at a gun show on a friday, wasn't able to arrange the funds and get back til' Sunday it was still there! not for long though hehe, I figured it would be long gone.

guess they just arn't hot anymore. I still think they're sexy though.

Cpl RRG, Oxidation NCO
    byf
  • Options
    rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To many on the market for them to fetch 500 used. Only way to realize that amount is to make sure it sells with at least 2 factory hi caps. Market was also flooded in my area when law enforcement officers traded theirs in for sigs.
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do think an Italian built gun might fetch more. But not more than $25-50 over another one.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead