In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Choices! Burris 8x32 or Leupold 8.5-25

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
Down to deciding on which one! I know there are lots of opinions but give it your best shot(which is the final goal of this) concerning your experiences with either. My leupold experiences have been good with no problems and my only Burris experiences have been on long range handguns and no problems there. But this one's going to cost either way so lay it on me! GHD

Comments

• Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    GHD, I'm buying a used Burris Black Diamond 8X32 from one of the forum members. Will let you know what I think once I try it. He also has another one up for grabs the last I knew. Used but not abused and only $375

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
  • Options
    East BayEast Bay Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got a Vari-x III. Compared the view with my current Vari-x IIc and found a difference in brighness of colors. Otherwise, both were sharp and clean. I like those scopes! But.... you really can't go wrong with either a Burris or Leupold.
  • Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Flip a coin in the air and call it. Both are great scopes. I like leupold myself.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK My Friend,...I'm in.

I suppose we are talking 8.5-25x50 LR VS Black Diamond 8-32x50MM?

If so, I say LR, but wait for the LR M1 TACT to hit the market. It has the Turrets from the MK IV, which are much nicer than the standard target knobs. I will take a Burris signature over a vari-x III any day,..But the LR series is a bit diffferent. The Burris black diamond SF, ( side focus) is supposd to be out this year, but I havn't seen it. The M1 tact series leupy, is a hard core piece fo equipment!!! 30mm tube, M1 turrets, MK IV innards.............

SWFA, Bearbasin, and Premier reticles are saying "end of March" on the LR M1 Tact. Why hold over,....when you can click to it?

I love my Burris scopes,..but this time, I gotta go Leupy

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.
  • Options
    j1r11j1r11 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gold ring is the way 2 go, i own 6 of them and would not even consider changing. Burris is also very good but ask burris if they will fix you scope for free if you mess it up,they wont--leupold will.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd take the Leupold every day! I've had many and never had ANY problem with them. In fact, they are one of the few scopes I've been able to put on, use, and then take it off years later and they often don't have any rings marks, especially on the matte ones.
    I am trying to save for a LPS for my Sendero...

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    shotgunredshotgunred Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i own a leupold 6.5x20x50 mm in the long range model with mil dot this scope is truly unbelieveable my experience is with leupold have been most suprising they do stand behind there products i have never had any problem with mine will not own anything else but a leupold from now on i have mine on a .308 for a little long range "plinking" lol (shotgunred) [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Burris will fix their product no questions asked. The warranty says it all,....FOREVER.

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.
  • Options
    bem243bem243 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD: My vote would have to go to the Burris at this time. I have both brands of scopes but I'm only buying Burris now. Call Ronnie and let him bend your ear on the Horus scope. A fantastic piece of glass and very versatile.

In our schools, if we train the mind and not morals we will unleash criminals on society...Dr. Benjamin Rush