In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bushmaster worth extra $$$?

Darrell2k3Darrell2k3 Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
Y'all have weened me off of the Ranch Rifle, I want a little accuracy. I am thinking about a Rock River Standard A2 or A4, versus a Bushy A2 or A3. I like the Bushmaster because of their rep, chrome lined barrel, and the improved rear sight, but the price is up in the clouds. Rock River has the 2 stage trigger and the lower price going gor it. I may mount a scope which is why I want an A3 in case I can't afford a new varmint type upper. Can anyone give me a fair price for a Bushmaster? One other thing, could I put a RRA upper on the Bushy lower. Thanks in advance.

Darrell

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    750-900 bucks depending on the number of bells and whistles you want with it.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear we saved ya from that Mini14! I tried a Mini14 took it to the range & quickly sold it after returning. I think Rock River is the best buy AR out there. You can get all sorts of different sight options on the Rock River for pretty much the same price. I happen to know the flat top Rock River with included removable A2 handle costs the same as the fixed carrying handle version. As far a the chrome lined barrel, do you really plan on doing any jungle fighting soon? You'll ought to be able to save $100-$200 on the Rock River.

Regards,
    Pistol-02.gif
    FREE IRAQ
  • Options
    nadonnadon Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I purchased a Bushmaster 223 a year ago.It has been modified with a fluted stainless steel barrel, 3 1/2 trigger job , 56mm Springfield tactical scope, and 3 pound lead weight in the stock. I can do a 2 inch max pattern at a 100 yrd target consistantly. My son uses 308 spent hulls on the range posts and puts them in the middle of the hulls. He is younger and can see much better than I. I have had not trouble with the unit and it shoots like a dream. I plan on purchasing another one this year. Agreat killing machine.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get the Rock River with a chromelined barrel,at least in the M4 configuration.

Makes more sense to put a Bushy upper on a RR lower to me.
    They will fit either direction,That way you get the Chromelined barrel with the cheaper but equivalent RR lower.

cpermd
  • Options
    bmxrcbmxrc Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had bushy lower with 24" varmint RRA Love it. I put a RRA two stage trigger in bushy lower. MOST ar company you can swap upper and lower, (Watch early COLT mostly preban, due different size front pin And trigger pin and OVERPRICE) I trying to a by A3 16" upper from RRA, Armalite,Olympic,and Bushermaster ALL back order 3-6 weeks for all different things.... Check into www.ar15.com Rock River Arm are well built check www.sableco.net for good prices, RRA make 16",18",20",24" varmint type upper Bull barrel..
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Mil Spec is Mil Spec. if this is good enough for you then go with the best deal. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Plese check the barrel steel specs.
    BM and Colt are the only two companies using the military specified barrel steel.
    cpermd