In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C&R HELP

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
well here it goes, i recieved my license monday, today i got the packet, and in it is a form to order other forms. i am kind of confused on wich forms i need to order...i plan on buying long-guns and handguns from big importers to individuals,some from out-of-state ect...and on occasion may sell to up-grade. can anyone with alot of experience help me out on wich forms i should have on-hand, and the ones i really need? your response will be greatly appreciated and it will save me a very long distance phone call and i dont feel as dumb asking you guys? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!........DIRTYRAT,

Comments

• Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    I have had my C&R for over a year and never had to order any forms.
    The main thing is DO NOT sign your orig lic. go make copies of it.
    Some of the dealers like SOG will keep you C&R on file and you will not have to send one every time.
    If you know who you might deal with go ahead and send them a signed copy in red or blue ink and write on it file copy. I write file copy on mine anytime I use it.
    If you are sending a gun to an unlicensed person you need to inclued
    a Youth Handgun Safety Act Notice Statement.
    See bottom pg 7 of your C&R List book

t_gulfyc.jpg
    underwaysm.gif
    SOLD MY COW SO I DON'T NEED YOUR BULL
    A Grumpy Old Man
  • Options
    gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dirtyrat,

My brother-in-law got his C&R not long ago and they sent him a bunch of 4473's (those pesky yellow forms you have to fill out when you buy a gun). Does BATF have their heads up their * or what? To my knowledge you don't need any forms to use your C&R, just a log book & copies of you licence.

-Marcus

***When the Second Amendment falls, the First will be sure to follow.***
  • Options
    edited November -1
    States or Locals could require a 4473.
    I don't know how we are supposed to know that other than the thick green book of a State Firearm Laws from ATF
    There are some States that do not reconize C&R New Jersey for one.

t_gulfyc.jpg
    underwaysm.gif
    A Grumpy Old Man
  • Options
    seb1999seb1999 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too just received C & R License,same day from another address I received a Firearms Curio or Relics List, beige cover. Today I received ($7.10 postage Priority Mail) brown cover, neaarly 1" thick State Laws Published Ordinances - Firearms ATF P 5300.5, green cover about 3/8" thick Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide ATF P 5300.4, a thin booklet Safety and Security Information for Federal Firearms Licensees, another Firearms Curio or Relics List, a copy of form ATF F 3310.11 Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/Loss Report and a copy of ATF F 6300.38 Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License.

How about that???

As a C & R License holder would I be required to report the theft/loss of a non C & R weapon (purchased prior to applying for and receiving my C & R)to ATF?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:As a C & R License holder would I be required to report the theft/loss of a non C & R weapon (purchased prior to applying for and receiving my C & R)to ATF?

See pg 4 178.39a of your Firearms C&R List book

t_gulfyc.jpg
    underwaysm.gif
    A Grumpy Old Man
  • Options
    seb1999seb1999 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having read the applicable para....Each licensee shall report the theft or loss of a firearm from the licensee's inventory eg my XD V10 will never be nor ever was in my C & R inventory so I do not think I would have to report it.

Am I understanding this correctly?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    seb1999
    quote:my XD V10 will never be nor ever was in my C & R inventory so I do not think I would have to report it

That is correct.
    What I have problem with is the next part.
    I read to be if it's not in your bound book you would not have to file with ATF.
    But you would want to file with your local LE (Insurance would also require that}.
    So why not go ahead and file with ATF.

quote:(including a firearm which is transferred from licensee's inventory to a personal collection and held for at least one year}

quote: or from the collection of a licensed collector

t_gulfyc.jpg
    underwaysm.gif
    A Grumpy Old Man