In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington #3 earnhardt 597

butson94butson94 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know how much these are worth? And how many were made? Or where i can find one to purchase? Any info will be helpful.
thanx
Lance

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sir, is it possible to be a little clearer in your description? Remington made a number of different models of the No. 3 Rifle, between 1883 & 1907. Perhaps we could help if we understood which specific one you were interested in?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rufe-snow Posted - 02/27/2003 : 00:37:26
    Sir, is it possible to be a little clearer in your description? Remington made a number of different models of the No. 3 Rifle, between 1883 & 1907. Perhaps we could help if we understood which specific one you were interested in?

JUST TO TELL YOU DALE EARNHARDT WASN'T AROUND IN THOSE YEARS SO HOW COULD A GUN BE MADE OF HIM. My descrition says a #3 earnhardt model 597 .22. It is black with a white three.I dont know what you are talking about.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That makes two of us?
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    I think he is talking about this one.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=7645358
    A Rem 22 Auto Mdl 597.
    Is it worth it? Depends one how much you think a little paint on the stock is worth to you. To me nothing.
    It will not be a collectors item in your lifetime.
    Just a conversation piece.

t_gulfyc.jpg
    underwaysm.gif
    SOLD MY COW SO I DON'T NEED YOUR BULL
    A Grumpy Old Man
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Supposedly a distributor had 1000 of them made (have also heard 1500). I bought 4 sets Dale SR and Dale Jr and sold the last set on Friday February 16, 2001! 2 days before the death of Dale SR. I made a 150.00 a set on them and that was ok but after that some of them were sold ...only the SR model for 5-600 each! I haven't seen any for awhile but would have to agree that they won't be real collector material in the long run! After all, what's a 597 worth???? GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Im still looking to find a dale earnhardt Sr. remington 597 .22 to purchase? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
  • Options
    red dogred dog Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD; I still have a black #3 & 2 Red #8s we have sold several sets for
    1,000 bucks.
    Butson email me mr600@rockbridge.net and make me an offer.
    Red Dog[8]
  • Options
    gunut 1gunut 1 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    one born every minute.....you know wrestling and race fans