In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

American Arms Side by Side

MJPieroniMJPieroni Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I am looking at purchasing an American Arms 20Ga side by side. I usually shoot Beretta's and am used to their feel. Before bidding on this gun, I would like to know if any of you are familiar with the America Arms side by sides and can comment on their quality and operation.

Thanks,
Mark

Comments

• Options
    pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an American Arms 10 ga side by side. Strong guns, shoots good, but lots of machine marks on metal, poor grade and finish on wood. Kicks like h#$%, but does it bring down the geese!!

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • Options
    nelchrisnelchris Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the AA SxS 12 3 1/2 " turkey 24" barrels
    Shoots great fit is very good but I changed butt pad blueing not so good wood to metal is good
    I think I paid 4oo new and is worth every penny
  • Options
    gunut 1gunut 1 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Derby for about 3-4 years and used it as my backup/bad weather gun. It is a true side lock but the lower class flat back, back action, variety. It was made by zabala hermanos of spain. It should have a makers mark ZH in a shield stamped on the action flat. Mine had the single trigger that they offered and it gave me no problems but from what I have heard most do act up. Mine was also a 12ga that I paid 700 for and sold 4 years later for 550. I later saw it on a dealers table at a gunshow for 900 [that dealer was high in more than one way]. I would say a really clean 20ga would be worth in the 700 range but no more. AA also offered the gentry and brittany models that were both box locks and most likely should be priced in the 400-gentry to 550-brittany range in LN condition. If you buy one go in knowing it is not the best fit and finished gun around and that American Arms is no longer in business.