In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daewoo dr200

marek13marek13 Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
I've come across a Daewoo DR200 for sale by a guy I know and have personally never heard of it, I was wondering about how much is a reasonable cost for it. It comes with 6 mags 300rnds and a bag and the rifle is in mint condition. Any input would be great. Thanks. Semper Fi

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have my eye on a Daewoo DR200, surpose to be a tack driver at 100m, is this the weapon to buy or should I look at the Ar 15 Bushmaster?

Any input would be appreciated

Patriot

Dick lemoi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone. Recently I was thinking about buying a Daewoo dr200 rifle. Or something similar. Originally I was going to buy galil but it costs too much for a fun shooting. What would you say about Daewoo rifles? [:D]
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want inexpensive fun shooting go with a SAIGA. I just got my new CDNN catalog this week, their selling the 7.62 x 39's for $159.99 and the .223's for $199.99.
    I believe that Daewoo your thinking about buying is the thumbhole stock model that Kimber was selling for a while. To the best of my knowledge these have discountinued since the mid 90's, if something goes wrong with it, you might have trouble getting parts?
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    What rufe said is correct, they have discontinued importation due to the assault weapons ban and parts/service are no longer available. If something goes wrong you will be forced to manufacture any replacement parts using a machine shop or gunsmith. I owned a dr200 and liked it but it started shooting automatic so I got rid of it. You should be able to get a good AR15 for the same money. There was another member who was looking for the gas port pressure adjuster and I don't know if he ever did get it fixed. I do know he was having a hard time finding it. BlackRoses was trying to help him so you may ask her about it. I would suggest you get a Bushmaster instead, its a much better weapon.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd pass on the daewoo. I tried everywhere to help out that memeber that needed parts for his Daewoo, no success. I even sent out a few emails and got some very nice responses back but no luck either. If something breaks or you lose a part you scr*wed.

I'd say get an AR or an AK that is chambered in 223. I saw a little while ago in Shotgun News that KY or KX Imports had an 223 AK that used AR mags. I think that would be the way to go.

Regards,
    Pistol-02.gif
    FREE IRAQ
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Nix the Daewoo, excellent rifle, no parts. I will have to have my gas plug assembly machined at a pricey sum. Go with a Olympic Arms .223 plinker @499.00 plus your dealers cut.

"If your gonna be stupid, go find a democrat."