In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What Grade Citori?????????

trsmith5trsmith5 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
How can someone tell the the different grades of citoris just by looking, and no book.
The one I'm refering to has a high vent rib, high cheek piece, 32" barrels, and seems to be a larger frame at least compared to my other citori. The engraving is pretty much the same, but the gold triggers are definitly different. This one has a wide knarled trigger. The forearm is definitly bigger.
I'm just curious as to what grade I might have.
Thanks in advance.....

Comments

• Options
    jnmiller75jnmiller75 Member Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounds like you are comparing diffrent models of Citori's, not diffrent grades. Usually the higher grade citories have delicate engraving of game birds inlaid with gold. Many grade 1 (low grade) citoris have a gold colored trigger.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jnmiller75: how many different models are there and how do you tell.
    I have two Citoris and it's palin to see they're apples to oranges difference.. but they both say the same thing
    I appreciate your reply.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From your description, it is possiblethat you have a trap grade model. I have a Citori Special Trap Edition which has a high rib and cheek piece.
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    CHeck the last three digits of the serial number. The first number of the last three, the ones after the letters, indicate the grade.
    Example numbers 143 indicate grade one trap monte carlo stock.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, it appears to be an XT trap model.
    rsnyder55: thanks for the website
    labwild: How do you like yours
    jnmiller75: I didn't realize there were so many models, Citoris have always been too rich for my blood.
    BT99: This info was very helpful, with all this help, I came to the conclusion it's a Citori XT Trap w/monte carlo and 3 stage trigger
    made between 1990 and 1995.
    NOW THEN.... Do you think it was worth 900.00 plus tax
    let's say 90-95%