In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Benelli's new steady grip shotgun

LarzmanLarzman Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone purshased this shotgun yet or tried it out? If so...how's the shotgun handle with a pistol grip?

Thanks,

Larzman

Comments

• Options
    BLUESBERRYBLUESBERRY Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I havent tried one yet, i dont think there avalible yet,,, but i have a Ben. M I with a pistol grip, same thing, shorter barrel no camo, and they handle fantastic, Recoil is absorbed by pistol grip and butt stock, Bruce

M B BARLETTA
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just seen a add for one in the new Turkey Call magazine...think they just came out...was just wondering if anyone had picked one up yet or if they were available yet.

Larzman
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    What model is it you are referring to??

If you are thinking of the Benelli M4 Super 90, 12 gauge gas-operated semi-auto.
    I can only tell that it's a real pleasure to hold and operate.
    It feels strong, is simple to operate and should be just as dependent and reliable as other Benelli's.

I have never shot it myself, but everything feels great - just as the Benelli Super Black Eagle I bought in December.
    Man, I'd want an M4 as well. =o)

Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The ad said that it is a Benelli Steady Grip M1 Field 12-ga, 3" Magnum?

Larzman
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It isn't listed on their products listing on their site yet. http://benelliusa.com/our_products/
    I'd say they'd have it on there before it's available for sale, but not always...
    I agree with HappyNanoq, I have had my Benelli Super Black Eagle for around 10 years now and after figuring out that I couldn't shoot the el-cheapo loads, it has performed flawlessly since. Originally they advertised they'd shoot every offering from 2 3/4" to 3 1/2" (they later changed their ad). I couldn't use the real cheap stuff, but after switching to AA loads, it has been an absolute pleasure to shoot since.
    Shooting a shotgun with a pistol grip does seem to reduce the recoil, I guess it is because your hands absorb some of the shock instead of just your shoulder.
    I sure liked the M3 model the best for home defense, the selective semi-auto/pump is really neat. It works a lot like the Franchi SPAS, but I think it is much better. Incidentally, I think Franchi and Benelli are owned by the same people, at least Franchi started using the renowned inertial recoil system.
    I don't think anyone could go wrong buying ANY Benelli!

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I also checked out their web page and didn't see it anywhere...I saw the ad in Turkey Call magazine...don't know when they'll be available...have never owned one but it looks like a good gun...I like the pistol grip stock on my 10/22 and I think I'd like it on my shotgun too...just able to hold it better...maybe it's something I'll check out when it comes out.

Thanks

Larzman
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I know of the Benelli M1, there is some rearstocks available to it.

You can see the grips as optional equipment on this page.
    Just find the model you want to look at and look below the data for the gun.
    http://www.benelli.it

There is a pistolgrip-stock as well as a regular stock.
    You can buy either one of these and mount on the M1 Super 90 or the M3 Super 90.

The homepage I made a link to, is the original Benelli webpage from Italy. If there is something like a Steady Grip M1, I'd believe they'd have it there.

But an M1 or M3 - you'd have a pretty nicely protected little home for yourself.
    I can almost promise you, it won't crap out on you.

Feed it well, Feed it again, Feed it some more - then will you find you have a great partner.

Bambihunter is right, you should know that the Super Black Eagle do want some heavy loads to cycle. Preferably 28-32grams at least.
    That is because it is built to take the 3?" shells with heavy loads.

Once you find a brand with some power to it, it does eat them all up if you don't know how to stop your triggerfinger [:D]

You will be happy with your Benelli, regardless of what model it is.
    I can tell, that I don't plan on buying chinese, russian, german, american ever again. (maybe for a sawed off monster, but that's it)